Friday, March 4, 2011

Sneak Peek Friday


Welcome to Sneak Peek Friday!  Very busy thinking about all the great ideas for selling my prints and paintings. 



This little old lady was rescued from the pound and was missing some teeth.  So yes, you are seeing her tongue which tended to hang out there.  Love her!




Here's my other guy.  I caught him listening to someone upstairs on the landing. 

I printed these watercolor portraits on watercolor paper and then backed them with some foamcore  to raise them a little.  The trick is beveling the edges.   Practice, practice, practice! 



And of course, I would like to mention my special guest for "Women Who Create Beautiful Things", Melissa Prell, of  Lissabeecreations.     I so enjoy getting to know really nice people, like Melissa.  So will you.  Please join me back here on Sunday for her interview.

Once again, I am linking up with Studio JRU and all of you lovely Sneak Peak Talents.

16 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

Diana, you're really taking off! Have you thought all of this possible a year ago? You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Your little rescued lady is adorable...so are the other two. =) Great paintings...you really do an amazing job!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Diana...as always...Great and fabulous paintings...

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love your puppy paintings. You do such an amazing job at capturing them. And of course I am a dog person thanks to my dog KOA! ♥ I love that you raised them a bit off the back. Gorgeous Diana!

Cameron said...

Sweet pooches...with such personalities! Cute, cute!

Diane said...

You're just so darn good Diana!!

martinealison said...

Vous avez fait de magnifiques portraits de ces toutous... Vous les avez bien mis en valeur...
Gros bisous à vous ma chère Diana

Cindy said...

Your place is really inspiring! I like the torn and raised look in the frames - so professional! Thanks for sharing your life and creativity so often - and I love the "sneak peek" at the Sunday feature, too!

sb Lyngo said...

I love the water color of the golden. I may have to commission you for a picture of my father's "canine companion" Nance. She is no longer with us but lives strong in our memories and hearts. I reaaly like the look of the beveled edge. The lifting of the painting seems to bring an even more lifelike quality! Blessings.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Diana, so happy to read your comment on my blog. I will be sharing the connection process and my experience with a BIG company making my designs a few years ago and the lesson learned...and how that experience change my creative!

Beth Stone said...

What beautiful portraits! Nicely mounted too....I like how the foam core makes them pop out a bit. Thanks for sharing! :o)

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I love these! You so, so talented. I have a golden retriever...so the first one melts my heart. :) Have a beautiful weekend.

Unknown said...

I just love your watercolors! Sweet, sweet puppies!

Heather said...

Oh i love these little dogs. the one with the tongue is so cute..but then again they all are!!! How did you print them on watercolor paper? I would love to try that!!
Have a great sunday!

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

Man, I love these doggie portraits ... I need one of my pooch!

lori said...

love your dog portraits! i have often thought of delving more into the furry side...you do such great work!