Friday, July 1, 2011

Sneak Peek Friday


16 x 16, mixed media SOLD


When I look at this painting, I see such a change from where I was 6 months ago.  You can see my art evolving, changing, taking shape.  The soul knows where its going...even if the conscious mind doesn't.

So many have said to enjoy the process and for me it's always been easier said then done.  As I was painting this last night with my art lover's group, I caught myself saying, "I'm loving painting this, not just loving what I was painting".    We talked about how other artists paint a series, and I can see why now.    I guess I'm not saying anything new, but let's just say "ahhhaaa"  moments do happen. 



At one point I removed my glasses and continued painting so I could see the value and not the detail.  It's kind of the same process of squinting to blur your vision as you look on your work. It's this push and pull process.  Paint on, rub off.  I've always loved artwork that had movement or a more impressionistic feel, light and color bouncing around the painting.   

My plan is to paint 4 of these paintings to put up in the Green Earth coffee shop.

Once again, I am linking up with Studio JRU and all of you lovely Sneak Peek Talents!

8 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

An interesting look into your mindset as you develop you art work Diana. I hope you will feel satisfied with the end results.

Jennifer said...

You may enjoy the process more than the painting but I definitely like the painting, Diana! The dark undercoat, layers of colors and textures, it's just so rich and vibrant!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

This is so beautiful Diana! Love the pretty colors together. How wonderful to have the moment of 'I love painting this'! Such a neat piece to make a series. Love it! :)

Terri Smith said...

Beautiful With A Capital "B"! And Yes, I Easily See Your Progress And Growth! Can't Wait To See Your Series With These! Have A Glorious Weekend! xo Terri

Kelly Berkey said...

gorgeous, as always. i don't think you can paint a bad painting. i love all the texture and layers too.
i'm thinking about a series of paintings with my little kitty that i put in my last painting. just a thought, he will just show up as the mini star of each composition. my biggest problem is i think up something, then am distracting by trying something new. which means to me that i'm still trying to create myself as an artist.
have a wonderful weekend! xo

Jodi Ulschmid said...

Beautiful Diana!!! Love the colors and the freeness of it! Your paintings always turn out amazing! :)

Sadee Schilling said...

Oh, Diana, this is GORGEOUS!!! I love love love the colors, especially the blue!

Cindy said...

I do love the colors and the impressionistic quality that I have seen in your latest paintings...but of course that aqua color in the background is one of my favorites! And the pink toned flowers are perfect...the piece could be used in so many different types of styles of rooms I think! Can't wait to see your companion pieces!

Blessings...