Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kelly Berkey's Weekly Sketch Challenge

Kelly Week 4  - watercolor & paper, 8 x 10 on 4-ply illus. paper
Welcome to Week 4 of Kelly Berkey's Weekly Sketch Challenge.  Kelly's photo has morf into this little painting  you see here. Her pose reminded me of  toilette paintings from the Renaissance.  She gazes out the window at the lovely beach scene below. 

Technically speaking, it amazes me at how complicated everything becomes when you add other objects.  Everything relates to one another,  values and colors.   This would make a good painting study to get color, value, etc. The wallpaper stripe is from pieces of decorative papers I have.  You will notice one stripe on upside down.  I did that on purpose, aheemmm, to see if you would notice. :)

If you would like to join us, every week Kelly posts a picture of herself in a pose for you to sketch or paint or whatever.

7 comments:

Art by Darla Kay said...

She's so lovely!!! You did a great job!

Cathy Bueti said...

Diana this is wonderful!! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great painting! I love your work - particularly the man sleeping with his hat over his face. Wow!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great sketch, Diana! And I didn't notice the upside down wallpaper. :)

Rona Gregory said...

Hi I just dropped by from Kelly's blog wanted to let you know I just love your paintings! I am still trying to pluck up courage to move from sketching to painting!

Really lovely work

Ro xx

Marlene said...

Another beautiful painting, I love you use of color.

Jill said...

Girl...you've got mad skill! Love how you added the window too. And as always, great use of color!
Awesome!