Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Watch

6 x 6, oil on board, "The Watch"


Years ago, I took a photo of a painting of a lifeguard stand with these colors, and it was the first time I saw the orange underpainting peaking through.  It has always made an impression on me, and I couldn't find the picture anymore no matter how hard I looked until the other day.  So this is an impression from my own photo and the anonymous painting I admire.  It was pure fun not to have to think about color, subject and composition.  Keeping it simple.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I can see why you liked it... I like it too :-)

Marianne said...

I love it !
( my hubby is a LifeGuard )

Carola Bartz said...

Very beautiful - so Southern California. I like it.

martinealison said...

Tels de petits papillons vos touches de couleurs m'émerveillent... Gros bisous.

Terri Smith said...

Oh Diana..I Love This! And I See Why You Favored The Orange Underpainting. Flashes Of It Tend To Peek Out As You Work Your Way Through The Composition. Great Job! I'll Be Returning For Your Newest Interview This Sunday! I'm Still Feeling Such Gratitude In Your Efforts With Mine. :)) Sending You Hugs Of Glorious Georgia Sunshine This Morning, Terri

soraya nulliah said...

I agree with Carola-very SoCal!!! I love it when the underpainting peeks through...in this case, it warms up the whole painting! Have a great weekend:)xxx