Sunday, August 22, 2010

How's Your "To Do" List Looking?


I started a "To Do"  list right after the e-course I took with Kelly Rae and have been slowly making progress on it ever since.  My daughter joked about how nicely written it was with big red check marks, too.  Not all my lists look like this, but it was an important one that I knew would be around for a while so I made it nice to look at and boy those red checks are fun to make.
 
One thing I learned is to put small attainable items on the list.  For me, I keep motivated by those big red check marks and if the list had an item like "Sell painting notecards in a gift shop",  I would just stare at it everyday.

I keep it very easy.  I want to be able to keep making those big red check marks... Two unchecked items on my list say "make a christmas card and a birthday card painting".    And if I did want to sell them in a gift shop, my next item would be to visit a gift shop.   Small and attainable..check.  Ok, someone please give me an idea for these paintings?  I don't want to do a cupcake.  No such items allowed in this house!

3 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

Good for you, Diana. I haven't even made a list and feel terrible about it. I really don't have any more excuses now that summer break is over and my daughter is back to school. I have, however, created more in the past two weeks and my camera was always with me and very active. At least something.
But... you motivated me to get started on that list, and I will stick to little steps that I can actually accomplish. I'd love to see some red check marks!

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet Diana, my To-Do list is looking kinda scary! But i did follow the advice of putting small attainable items on my list. Such a wonderful advice of keeping it simple and easy. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

dandelion dreamer said...

LOVE your comment about cupcakes!!!!!They sell so well so I'm still hooked on them!