Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Birdie Christmas Card

 
Christmas Birds, 8 x 10, mixed media (female and male vermilion)

Every year we send a family photo Christmas card.  The last couple of years, it's just been the girls alone. Since the girls are in college, I think it would be a good time to transition to an artistic card.  It's hard to break tradition...but I thought I would have one ready. 



This is a mixed media piece on board.   The background painted with acrylic consists of stamping holly leaves and other textures.  The birds and flowers are painted in oil. 



I'm kind of liking the birds by themselves. 

5 comments:

martinealison said...

Très jolie carte avec ces deux merveilleux petits oiseaux. J'aimerais bien en recevoir une comme ça pour Noël... Bravo! et bonne continuation.
Bises

Crystal said...

I love your birdy cards. How unique and those on your mailing list will be so lucky. I kind of like the one with two birds but then again I just like birds.

Kat Sloma said...

Just gorgeous! I so love your work. Are you going to put these up for sale?

Rona Gregory said...

Diana these are AWESOME, I really love them...oooh to be able to paint like you.

Ro xxx

Carola Bartz said...

Very beautiful piece of art- I love those birds. Why not make prints of them and use them as a Christmas card - I think it's a great idea.