Monday, March 29, 2010

College Wave Collage

I'm posting this once more to show the final collage.   I used some leftover drywall spray on texture to soften the droplets.  

The words are all meant for my college daughter whose struggling with what she wants to do in life.
I told her to listen to her heart and not pick a career for me or her dad, but what excites her, what she could be passionate about.

I should have her read the beginning of Kelly Roberts book, "Taking Flight".  In Learning to Listen, she talks about paying attention to what is really calling us.  "If we don't listen to our hearts' callings, we will continue to allow old decisions and comparisons to lead us down uninspiring and grounded paths when, all the while, our creative souls want to take flight".    My daughter has no artistic desires, but I think the thought universally applies.  She started out bio/med major and now is not sure that is what she wants to do.

Anything advice to help her find her way would be grateful.

No comments: