Friday, February 25, 2011

Sneak Peek Friday


Welcome everyone to Sneak Peek Friday!

I know, are you seeing deja vu?  I thought I'd paint a copy of this painting to enter in the 6 x 6 art sale/competition, because I'm really attached to the original.  Anyway, I must have been in the zone for the first one, because I just don't seem to get the beauty of brushstrokes with the copy. Pooh!


This painting is of a lovely friend of my daughter's.  This is a progress photo and I'm not quite happy with her face.  Anyway, we will see if I keep going or scratch the whole thing.  It's so hard when I have such a wonderful, talented artist to compare to....



I'm very excited for my next interview this Sunday.  Tali from Tush Tush and Tosya has graciously accepted an interview for my "Women Who Create Beautiful Things" series .  This beautiful young woman will share a little about herself and her Etsy success running 2 shops.




Many times I just go to her shop just to admire her talent.  She also talks about the little canvas miniatures she sells.  Although her portrait painting is one of my favorites, she just has a multitude of different avenues for her work.


Please join me on Sunday... it will be very interesting.  Also, I love our little Sneak Peek group, and if you would like to join in, come link up at Studio JRU and join in the fun!

11 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

I had to think of van Gogh who copied quite some of his work - and I believe not only once. Of course this little guy is a favorite of yours, I like it, too.

Cindy said...

Always a treat to the eyes, coming here to visit...and I took a moment to go over to tush-tush and got lost in her art as well...no wonder you look over there for inspiration!

Blessings,
Ciny

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I can see why you would want to keep the original of the puppy! :) I think you did a great job with making another. I think it is so, so hard to 'copy' our own art. I have to do it and it does not get any easier! lol

I love the progress piece... beautiful!

Tali has two shops... definitely want to hear how she does that!

sb Lyngo said...

Lovely work Diana. I will be sure to check the interview too. I am loving "Sneak Peek Fridays". Give thanks for the latest from your studio! One Love

martinealison said...

Merci tout d'abord pour votre gentil commentaire laissé sur mon blog...
Je n'ai jamais refait une peinture, mais je pense que cela ne doit pas être simple, car le ressenti n'est jamais le même... Il y en aura toujours un qui remportera plus de succès à vos yeux.
Alors conservez celui qui vous fait le plus vibrer.
je vous souhaite le meilleur pour la progression de votre toile.
Gros bisous à vous et à bientôt.

Terri Smith said...

Tali's Work Is Sensational! A True Artist! And Oh My Goodness.. She Paints "Hands" So Wonderfully! One Of My Weaknesses. I Can't Wait To Read Her Interview! Oh..And Diana, You Wondered Where My Wooden Boxes Came From: I Snatched Them From My Husband's Woodshop. After I Use These, I Don't Know Where In The World I'll Replenish My Supply Because My Sweetie Can't Remember Where He Ordered The Current Ones From. P.S. I Think The Second Pup On The Beach Is Still As Wonderful As The First. This Particular Composition Is My All-Time Favorite Of Yours.

Kerry said...

I can never do the same painting twice, even if someone paid me to. I'm looking forward to the Sunday blog, your interviews are really in-depth and meaningful.

Anonymous said...

Love your little dog painting...great copy! =)

Unknown said...

First I must tell you that little dog is one of my faves~ it reminds me of our little Violet (maltese). Glad you are keeping it, that way we can still see it forever! :D

Kudo's for painting a copy. I try to do that sometimes, and I find it so hard to work on the same content~ it is always ends up being a learning experience.

Just love to see your work and blog. It's always real and full of life. Can't wait for Sunday!
hugs,
valerie (of the twig variety)

Guatyen said...

hopping over from soraya's blog. oh wow! loving your art. and what an inspiring way to share inspirations from women artists.

Kelly Berkey said...

i love her work!! especially the color she uses on her portraits...oh, the brushstrokes are amazing too. i've admired her work for quite some time!
love your puppies too.
xo