Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Little Slices of Life



Another little piece of the "Slice of Life" slowly coming together.  

Originally, I was trying to paint a bird in a nest here.  You can imagine the tutu was the beginning feathers of a bird, but while erasing and sketching, I saw the head of  this ballerina and knew I could not have tried to paint her without a reference photo even if I wanted to.  So I just let her develop very slowly guided by intuition.     


Look how delicate her fingers look. 


All by listening to my inner voice... I think I like painting this way. 

7 comments:

Diane said...

Oh I LOVE it when our art speaks to us--she was just waiting there for you to find her--I'm so glad you listened!!

Healing Woman said...

Serendipity!

Crystal said...

I just love how this came about. The little ballerina is so ethereal. :-)

Kat Sloma said...

Wow, are you ever fabulous at it too! I love seeing this progress.

Terri Smith said...

Love This Diane! Truly The Ballerina Swooped In And Brought The Whole Piece Together. So Happy You Listened To That Lit'l Voice Inside Because Your Work Has Been Blossoming So Much As A Result. I've Been Trying To Do That More These Days Myself..Allowing Myself To Actually "Hear My Own Thoughts". Allowing My Spontaneous Side To Rise Up More. Have A Glorious Weekend Sweet Friend! Hugs From The Peach State, Terri

Terri Smith said...

P.S. For Some Unknown Reason..I Continue To Place An "E" At The End Of Your Name. Please Forgive Me Sweet Lady..I Know You Are "DIANA". Didn't Want You To Think I Didn't Care Enough to Get Your Name Right. Sorry..

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. Your talent my friend is just getting STRONGER AND STRONGER.