Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Japanese Geisha Painting

Japanese Geisha Painting, 5 x 5 arcylic on textured canvas




I had this prepared, textured canvas on the shelf just waiting for something special to happen to it.  Sometimes you have to just let the artwork spring forth without much thought.  I didn't set out to paint a Geisha, nor did I use any references.  I just let the painting emerge.  I believe sometimes you need to let your hand be guided.  This Japanese geisha painting is available in my Etsy shop.


2 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

You are certainly right in just let intuition guide your hand. See the beautiful result you created!

Unknown said...

She's beautiful Diana! I love when that happens- kind of like when a sculptor uncovers the magic out of a stone.
So enjoying all that you do! happY holidays~