Wednesday, January 16, 2013



Birthday Girl, 10" x 10" acrylic on canvas


This painting is based on an inspiration photo of my daughter on her birthday at Laguna Beach.   She had to reserve a fire pit for her birthday party, which is first come, first serve, basis and so she camped out all day with her best friend till all the guests started coming in the late afternoon.

Years ago I tried to paint this painting in a more abstract way and never felt comfortable with the style.  Starting over again years later, you can still see that abstract influence, but in  my own style, I really enjoyed the process this time. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sehr schön. Ist das Aquarell (watercolor), Acryl, oder Öl?

Diana said...

Danke. Er ist acrylsauer.

Nancy Goldman said...

I really like your bright colors and the format of this painting.