Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Let's Get Our Feet Wet With Creativity!


"The girls" have creativity in their bones, but in a different way than I do... for Kristen, its photography... so I have to tell you about how these pictures came about...

The other day, I asked Kristen to take some pictures of me for my blog and facebook, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time, somewhere close.  We knew about this graffiti pool from friends of hers but had never been there before.  I imagined it was some old community pool that we could park, take a few pictures and be done.  

I knew something was up when one of Kristen's friends met us on this old country road and took us part of the way up this dirt road to where she could direct us.  She pointed and said, "Just keep following this road up, turn left at the top.  

It was a long hike UP this rocky, dirt road, and we were both hot and sweaty by the time we got there.  It turned out to be the remains of a burned down residence and built-in pool on top of this mountain ridge with gorgeous views in all directions. Up until then it was cool and overcast, great for pictures, but then of course, the sun came out...not ideal for this mama's face.  To top it off, I dropped my ironed, extra clothes somewhere on the hike up. 

So, it really surprised me that quite a few pictures did turned out.   More to come... I think she needs to start a blog for her photography, don't you! 

2 comments:

Artist said...

The photo is great. It is definitely worth to see more in a blog. Go for it.

Carrie Schmitt said...

Love the picture. yes, the photographer definitely needs hwe own blog. Love the creativity and willingness to take a chance. I'm inspired. Thanks! I leave your blog smiling! Take care!