Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Space to Breathe

A glorious day and sunset last night

It was my first experience participating in a partially silent art journaling retreat.  Time was give for silence and reflection.  We each  worked on a piece of artistic expression reflecting our experience with God through the use of paint, collage, writing, and mixed media.   All of the work had personal meaning, and we shared and explained our pieces at the end.  From the start, I reminded myself that this wasn't about producing a piece of saleable art, and I just let go and enjoyed the experience.  Here's a grouping of some of the beautiful work.  My piece is about all the wonderful, kindred, creative, spiritual women brought into my life lately....can you see them?   They kind of look like rocket's.   Hope your weekend was special, too.

No comments: